Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Never Say Never

I had coffee with my officemate and friend. As most would prefer Starbucks over UCC, we had the place to ourselves. Though the topics ran from work, long term plans and lost love, it was relatively relaxing. I've always known that she had a good head between her shoulders, but this evening allowed me to see another side of her.

I don't think she was aware of it, but she reminded me that a coin always has two sides. In a story that involves more than one person, it is essential to hear several sides. I have heard the other side of the story about a year ago, but hearing it again from her side made me appreciate and respect what had happened then.

There really were no victors to the story, just learners. I am one of them.

Who would have thought I would end up talking to her about their story, that we would have that much candor and trust to talk about it casually. It wasn't something impossible, but it did come as a pleasant surprise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment