Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life Coach in Person

The first time I heard of LIFE COACH was at Pau's. We were watching this sort of reality TV about people who would be housed at one place where they would settle issues and on a regular basis. Help or guidance would come from, who else, but a life coach.

Their job was cool and at the same time I found it amusing. I mean, you make a living by telling people what to do with their lives. That was sweet.

It has been a while since I last visited her place. I miss sitting on her couch, just watching TV. Luckily though, she manages to pop into the hi-how-are-you-scene, just when I need some re-alignment or just to get a breather. I don't mind at all that most of the time we do this through chat -- like what happened early this evening.

I've told her before and I'll say it again. I think I have found my life coach in her. Not because she tells me what to do, but because she trusts me and shares what she does with her own life. I learn by her example. Of course she'll tell you she's still a work in progress, but aren't we all.

Life coaches aren't just seen on TV, the real ones struggle (battle scars and all) and try to persevere, one day at a time. Cheers to you my friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment